Thursday, May 11, 2017

Here’s What Went Down at Homer’s 2017 Prom

Here’s What Went Down at Homer’s 2017 Prom
Stephen C. Hyde
IMG_5603 (1).JPG
As an experienced prom-goer, I can say the food this year was definitely the best, with decent sushi and amazing mac-and-cheese. The desserts were also amazing; I thoroughly enjoyed the cookies and cream cheesecake. While I did not personally dance, my sources say, “It was okay most of the time, with small glimpses of ‘good’ music.” The weather could have been better, but that was out of our hands. Sitting on the patio and talking with friends throughout the night, however, was quite enjoyable. The turnout was nice, with many familiar faces as well as many I did not recognize. There was also several teacher chaperones as well.
The after-prom party was held at Homer High School this year. Many people enjoyed the inflatable activities. There were mixed feelings about the hypnotist: many enjoyed the show while others felt bored. At the end of the night, prizes were distributed. As always, some benefited from the luck-of-the-hat and received what they wanted. Others were left with the scraps in the bucket. I was quite happy when I received a tent and inflatable mattress.
Many thanks to the hardworking teachers, students, parents, and volunteers who helped make Homer’s prom enjoyable!         

IMG_5412.JPG