Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Get to Know Alfonsina!


Julia Fouts

           ¡Beinvenidos Alfonsina Tarsetti! Welcome to Homer High School! Alfon is a foreign exchange student from Buenos Aires, Argentina. She is currently a junior attending Homer Senior High School. An Olympian writer interviewed Alfon about her life at Homer and her life back home.

Q: Can you speak any other languages besides Spanish and English?
A: No; I wish. Only Spanish and English, though.

Q: Are there major differences between Argentina and America?
A: Yeah-the food. And the school
Q: How is the food different?
A: We have more meat and pasta. Empanadas, milanesas, asado, dulce de leche (like caramel), mate, and there is different candy.
Q: How are the schools different?
A: We have a uniform, no sports, we don’t have study hall, and the classes are different. We have five periods and eleven subjects- history, biology, math, Spanish, English, health, geography, gym, or P.E., music, bible, and computer class.
Q: Which classes in Homer are your favorites?
A: Spanish and art

Q: What is your favorite part about America?
A: The life the people live
Q: And what’s your least favorite?
A: I don’t really like school. I like the people and the classes, but it’s over too late. I usually go home at 1:00.

Q: What do you miss about back home?
A: Seeing my friends on weekends. And summer. It is summer now in Argentina and my friends have off from school.

Q: Do you have any siblings?
A: 3 sisters
Q: What about pets?
A: A dog and a bird

Q: What do you do in your free time?
A: I cook; I play with my dogs. Most of the time, I’m with my friends. Every Saturday night we have dinner together and go to disco around 12:00am. I also spend time with my family.

Q: Do you have a role model?
A: My mom

Q: Is there something you learned in America you didn’t expect?
A: Yeah, I learned to ski.

Q: How do you stay in touch with your family and friends back home?
A: I speak on Facebook and sometimes Skype.

Q: Have you visited any other countries?
A: Yeah, I visited Chile once.

Q: What do you plan to do when you grow-up?
A: I want to be a chef or an architect.

Q: Why did you want to be a foreign exchange student?
A: Because I think it is a good experience. I like to meet new people and learn English