Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Humans of Homer: Sam Robbins

Humans of Homer: Sam Robbins
Autumn Stevens

While sitting in class, slightly zoned out, I observed the people around me. There was this quiet girl that sat in the far corner. The more I thought of her and what I knew of her, I realized that I didn’t know much and that we had never had an actual conversation together. I’ve known of her since I was a freshman here at Homer High School, but I didn't really know anything other then how crazy talented she was at art. And with that, I decided to interview her for this article, hoping to learn something new about this girl, Sam Robbins.
I asked her a randomly selected question: Who is your favorite person? Without much thought towards it, she was quick to respond. “This is probably going to sound lame, but [my favorite person is] my mom. She’s independent, strong, caring, accepting...” Sam had many more kind adjectives to describe her mother. “No matter whatever is going on, she is always there to talk. She’s caring and very accepting of what you say.” I asked her if there was any specific memory that she was particularly fond of, “I can’t think of anything right now, just anytime I talk with her she’s always so kind-hearted about everything.”